Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:37:53 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        kevin.way@overtone.org, drosih@rpi.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: import NetBSD rc system [summary]

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:08:48PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > Some time tonight I will be vendor importing the NetBSD rc system.
> > (no it will not be functional at that time).
>
> Erm..  Sheldon Hearn has expressed a desire to discuss things with Luke
> Mewburn in the hope of coming to some mutual agreement as to directions
> and improvements.

My actions in no way changes Sheldon's efforts.  In fact it helps them.
We will have a way to see proposed changes in the form of a diff.  This
makes it easy to see where we are deviating from the NetBSD RC system.
It also gives Sheldon the diff to send to Luke for discussion.  If Luke
agrees and makes a change in the NetBSD RC sources, we will get the
fruits of Sheldon's effort on the next vendor import.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)