Date:      Sat, 08 May 1999 09:07:55 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   New FlyVideo 98 bt848/878 driver.

Hi all.
Thanks to Paul, Ivan and Gilad, we have the FlyVideo 98
card working in FreeBSD.

I have once again updated the beta test driver at
  http://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/bt848

for the -current, 3.1-Release 3.x-stable and 3.2-Release
(due soon) users.

If you have a FlyVideo card which uses the Bt878 chipset,
please can you download it and test it.

The new driver supports Card Autodetection (using the onboard EEPROM)
audio from the Tuner and Line in and automatically enables the PLL
mode needed by Bt878 users in PAL or SECAM TV areas.

However, until we can decode the onboard EEPROM contents, you need to
select the Tuner Type manually.

Typing the following command (as root) before starting FXTV will
set the tuner type to PAL
  sysctl -w hw.bt848.tuner=10

Please test and send feedback (both Good and Bad) to me
roger@cs.strath.ac.uk

I intend to commit this to -current once I get enough positive feedback.

Bye
Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.