Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 02:10:23 -0400
From:      Martin Gignac <martin.gignac@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Poudriere not registering OPTIONS changes?

Hi,

I've recently discovered Poudriere and have begun using it to build my
own local pkgng PACKAGESITE for my FreeBSD 8 and 9 servers.

Based on information I read on the web I was under the impression that
whenever a new bulk build was launched, Poudriere would notice any
port with changed OPTIONS and rebuild these ports, even if the ports'
version number hadn't changed.

After building my local port list for the first time I realized that I
needed a Samba34 package with ADS support enabled (it is off by
default) so I decided to try the OPTIONS change feature; I used
Poudriere's 'options' command and modified the OPTIONS for the samba34
port. I then issued a bulk build command; however, even though
Poudriere reported "Mounting /var/db/ports from:
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/options" it did not make any comment about
changed options and ended shortly thereafter with no new packages
built.

I then tried using the 'options' command by specifying a jail and
re-issued a bulk build, but got the same result.

Have I misunderstood how OPTIONS changes are tracked? Did I make a
mistake or omit a crucial step in order to have the OPTIONS changes
recognized?

Thank you,
-Martin

System: Poudriere 2.2 on FreeBSD 9.0