Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 03:41:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      spoofy@ghg.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBsd.org
Subject:   libnet?

Hi agian,

	I am not sure if you guys know about it yet but libNet is a c
	library for creating Network applications. I compiled and
	installed it but when i try compile my programs i get this:

[spoofy] [/root]# gcc poink.c -o poink -lnet
/usr/lib/libnet.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
[spoofy] [/root]# file /usr/lib/libnet.so
/usr/lib/libnet.so: FreeBSD/i386 compact demand paged shared library not stripped
[spoofy] [/root]#

	I know this may be libNet and not BSD that is the problem...but
	I was hoping you guys could help me understand what the problemm
	is? I have been coding in C for years and never got messages
	about shared librarys.

	Once agian thanks
		Johnathan