Date:      Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:45:54 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-ipfw@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSec forwarding

I'm having issues with pf firewall with a binat L2TP/IPSec VPN. From
what I understand, no one can get IPSec to work through this firewall-
it is unknown  what the actual problem is, but it looks like a rekeying
problem: the connection is made but rekeying occurs immediately (alleged
failure of phase 1/2?).

So I come to the folks here at IPFW with a general question: does IPSec
have any known issues with IPFW? Including NAT? I've googled but haven't
discovered any info on this. I would try testing this myself except for
a severe lack of resources to attempt it, I would like some definitive
proof that this works so I can try to narrow the problem down with pf
(or change systems... :) ).

Cheers