Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 21:01:42 -0400
From:      Anil John <ajohn@cyberforge.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   2.1R-->2.1.5R Using SUP. Possible?

Greetings,

I am currently running 2.1.0 Release and would like to upgrade to the 2.1.5
Release when it comes out.  Is it possible to do this using SUP?

I've read the documentation in the Online handbook and had a few questions.
 In order to do this upgrade do I use the /usr/..../stable-supfile?

Also how long does it usually take to download these binaries using a 28.8
dialup PPP connection? I figure I can always add the ports collection in
later so I would be downloading just the main FreeBSD distribution and the
secure and eBones collection.  The reason for my question is that my ISP
drops the link automatically after 3 hours.

I currently have a custom built kernel (IDE CD-ROM). Once I have all of the
source, do I have to rebuild the kernel after I do a 'make world'?  As you
can probably tell I am new to FreeBSD/Unix.  I am interested in knowing the
exact steps/commands that I have to issue once I have finished with SUP.

Any info or pointers to info would be appreciated..

Anil