Date:      Thu, 21 Jul 2005 19:29:46 +0400
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        marcolz@stack.nl, wpaul@windriver.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rl(4) is not ready for mpsafenet net enough? (silent reboots)

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 09:18:44AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> *DRIVER* concept, not a hardware one in this context).  The problem
> with REV C and earlier is that their performance sucks because the DMA
> engine used in the cards was LAME.  Realtec fixed this in newer
> revisions of the chip, and the re driver is able to take advantage of
> that (as well as support the newer gige chips).

The problem is that it is on-board embedded chip I try to use. Looks like
I need to buy some external card like "Intel PRO/100+ PCI" and turn this
one off...

The question remains: why rl(4) driver pretend to be mpsafenet itself?
Other drivers with problems, like de(4), are GIANT-locked by default.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/