Date:      Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:30:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Deling Ren <lg+gnome@home.homeunix.org>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Auto login in gdm?

Hi all, I am running gnome 2.4 on a 5.2.1 box. Since I am the only user of
this computer, it would be annoying to type in password everytime. So, I
tried to configure gdm to auto login. I have done this before on Linux
boxes, but it seems that on FreeBSD, it does not work the same way. gdm
still asks me password every time. I know this has something to do with
the pam, which I have no clue about. Could anyone tell me exactly how to
make auto-login work? Thank you for any input.

Regards.
Deling