Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:14:03 +0200
From:      nocturnal <nocturnal@swehack.se>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec

Hi

I have an update on that Adaptec problem. I hope this post ends up in
the same thread, if not, this is the problem i'm talking about.
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2006-April/003447.html

A dell tech has now updated the motherboard bios, replaced both the disk
and the SCSI controller card. The problem still exists and i'm still
installing FreeBSD 6.0-REALSE from the same cd as the other machine
mentioned in the previous post. The Dell tech has now installed Windows
just to show me that the windows driver works and sure enough it does
work without any errors logged. I've been moving tons of data without it
locking up or reporting any errors yet.

My next step is to try NetBSD and after that Linux because Dell uses
Linux on their boot cd. I thought i should report this though because it
could be a problem with the FreeBSD driver, even if it is a problem in
the card that the Windows driver is able to bypass i think i should
bring attention to it on the hardware list so that the proper maintainer
may have a look at the problem.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich aka nocturnal