Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 08:26:33 -0700
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quiet cpu fans

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 12:39:01AM -0600, Chris Piazza wrote:
> I wasn't really sure where to post this so I figured chat would be safe.
>
> I'm looking for suggestions on where to get extremely quiet CPU fans.
> I'm not really worried too much about the price as long as shipping
> to Canada isn't going to kill me.
>
> The fans that are in my (dual cpu, celeron) system are slowly driving
> me insane...

PC Power and Cooling (www.pcpowercooling.com) sells very quiet fans.
I can hardly tell the system I built entierly with their fans is on.
The powersupply and all the case fans are from the Silencer line.  I
just noticed they have added a 400W PS to the silencer line so they
should even work with dual cpu/athlon systems.  If noise is bothering
you, I suggent you might try replacing all the fans (ps included).  I
did that on two boxes and my office in _much_ quieter.

-- Brooks