Date:      Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan Larson <larson@w6yx.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/28506: problems with wi0 driver

The following reply was made to PR kern/28506; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan Larson <larson@w6yx.stanford.edu>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, larson@w6yx.stanford.edu
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 16:54:48 -0700 (PDT)

   More on this -- I have discovered it is because the driver is unaware that
 pccardd assigns it an already used irq 5.  Switching to irq 11 made it work.

   Sometimes it will work, if you have been throuh the dialog in the install
 that discover the irq for pccardd and includes pccardd_flags="-i xxx" in
 the /etc/rc.conf file, but it doesn't seem to tell you when it doesn't do
 this, so the user is unaware of the change.

   Since it is working and I don't have to use windows all the time, this
 becomes (for me) less urgent.  However, it should be fixed somehow, as a
 search for this found lots of people in the mailing archives who have
 gotten these errors, without a lot of answers for their problems.

 	Alan