Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 1999 21:56:06 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: updating ports system

From: Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 1999 4:27 PM

> [Re: Detecting old package versions]
>
> On Sun, May 30, 1999 at 01:51:37PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
> > >
> > > This wouldn't be a very hard modification for someone just becoming
> > > familiar with the system to make.
> > >
> > > We'll be expecting patches in two weeks.  :-)
> >
> > Actually, NetBSD ports tools already have this kind of detection built
into
> > their pkg creation tools.
>
> I haven't looked at their bsd.port.mk lately, but I think it has
> diverged significantly.  Without access to their CVS records, you
> might find it easier to just rewrite it for ours, since it should
> be quite straightforward.

I finally, finished the ports Conflict patches, see the following PR's:

ports/13650    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=13650
bin/13649       http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=13649
bin/13647       http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=13647

The Conflict patches to bsd.port.mk, and the pkg_install tools, allows us to
define what ports / port versions conflict with the port we are trying to
install.

Is it too late for these patches to be added to the 3.3-RELEASE?

Scot