Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 16:20:20 +0900
From:      YAMAMOTO Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
To:        mhughes@logroad.bridge.com
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq Proliant 6400R

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Hughes <mhughes@logroad.bridge.com> writes:
Michael>   I loaded 3.2 on a Compaq Proliant 6400R.  It has 4 processors and
Michael> 2 Gig of memory.

I tested Compaq Proliant 6400R, 2 processors and 2G memory.

At first, I installed 3.3 Release, but I have a same trouble.
Second, I installed 3.3-19991031-STABLE, but I could not resolve that
trouble.

At last, I installed 4.0-19991024-CURRENT and I win!

Currently I have no trouble except to use a dual ethernet PCI borad.
#I avoid this problem to change to a master PCI slot.

@src/sys/i386/isa/picbus.c was fixed to support 450NX at revison 1.43.
But 3.3-RELEASE and 3.3-STABLE are using older than 1.43.

Does anyone have a success to install 3.3-RELEASE or 3.3-STABLE?

Thanks,
-------
YAMAMOTO Shigeru			Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
<shigeru@iij.ad.jp>			Network Engineering Div.