Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 16:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH-1.2.2 + S/Key

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Brian Reichert wrote:

> I _must_ be missing something.

Yeah, it's not activated yet. I have patches almost ready to do this -
they work fine for OPIE logins (OPIE is the successor to S/Key, but
OpenBSD still call it S/Key), but aren't quite complete for presenting
realistic "fake" challenges for nonexistent users so that attackers can't
figure out whether an account is OPIE-enabled. I can send them to you for
testing if you'd like.

Kris

----