Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:14:05 -0500
From:      Ryan Beasley <ryanb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuriy Tsibizov <Yuriy.Tsibizov@gfk.ru>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [RFC] Summer of Code -- OSSv4 audio compatibility

Yuriy Tsibizov wrote:
> Ryan, will there be any changes for hardware drivers?

Yes, there will, but the nature of the changes are yet to be determined.
 The mixer extensions specify different control types (toggles, enums,
sliders, etc.) for exporting audio hardware (and purely software)
controls to userland.  E.g., a driver may export channel routings of
front, rear, and front+rear as MIXT_ENUM, leaving it to the user to pick
a routing.

> And, as I know you have emu10kx-compatible sound card, can you
> test your sound buffering changes with EMU_PLAY_BUFSZ set to
> EMUPAGESIZE*2 or larger (dev/sound/pci/emu10kx.h, line49).

Since classes just resumed, I have some homework to take care of first (
:P ), but I'll try to take a look at it tonight or tomorrow.

--
Ryan Beasley <ryanb@FreeBSD.org>