Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 22:36:29 +0900
From:      SHUDO Kazuyuki <shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        "Todd Mortensen" <tmortensen@skylink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: java can't find the classes.

tmortensen@skylink.net("Todd Mortensen") wrote:

> I have
> installed the jdk from the ports collection of a 2.2.8-stable machine.
> Whenever I try to run any java apps it complains about not being able to
> find a class file of some type. I have found all the ways of telling it the
> location of the classes.zip file with no luck at all.

> bash-2.02$ which java
> /usr/local/jdk1.1.7/bin/java

A bash 2.X seems to have some incompatiblity against
bash 1.X which original FreeBSD 2.X has. It is possible
that an incompatibility have a problem occur with the
script `.java_wrapper'.

Can anyone test JDK with bash 2.X?

Kazuyuki SHUDO				Happy Hacking!
  Muraoka Lab., Grad. School of Sci. & Eng., Waseda Univ.