Date:      Sun, 31 Mar 1996 00:09:03 +0100 (MET)
From:      didier@aida.org
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd 2.1-STABLE woes

Hi

since I upgraded the system this morning. Got a lot of messages
from gcc; either fault 10, 11 or internal error.
the new kernel (just built after make install) crashes
when I try to do a make world.

with the old kernel the make world seems to work and the crash
on a signal 10, 11 or gcc internal error

the new kernel (built this morning) tells me that ./proc is missing
in the middle of the mtree part of the make world and the the system
definitively hang

I've had to reinstall a 2 weeks old source code for stable,
and the binaries from the cdrom (2.1R)

thanks for your help

--
Didier Derny     | Microsoft Free Computer.          | 486DX4-120 AL3 chipset
didier@aida.org  | Private FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE site.  | aha2940 / 1Gb HAWK