Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:24:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      mi@aldan.algebra.com
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, jhb@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mdconfig config file (was: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/conf GENERI C)

On  1 Feb, Dima Dorfman wrote:
= [cvs-(all|commiters) -> -hackers]
=
= > >> If anybody writes a patch to mdconfig to DTRT based on some
= > >> less bogus /etc/fstab entries, I'll happily review and commit it.

I, personally, liked the mount_mfs interface. Could it get redone to use
md? Although the memory disks are a separate animal, of course, and
don't even have to have a file-system on them, necessarily.

= > >Does this sort of functionality really belong in mdconfig?
= >
= > Not by definition, and I'm not religious about it.
=
= Okay, any objections then to jhb's configuration file idea?  The idea
= is that mdconfig parses a file (md.conf or something) and sets up some
= memory disks accordingly, including optional disklabel/newfs stuff.

	-mi