Date:      Thu, 31 May 2012 16:38:51 +0100
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        Oscar Hodgson <oscar.hodgson@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone using freebsd ZFS for large storage servers?

If this is any consellation I run a 36TB cluster using a self built
server with a Promise DAS (VessJBOD 1840) using ZFS at home! to
support my OpenSource projects and personal files.

As for OS take your pick: NexentaStor, FreeBSD, Solaris 11

All capable, of course Solaris has latest version of ZFS but still.....

At work we're looking into getting a StorEdge appliance wich will
handle up to 140+ TB.

I am also in charge of redesigning one of our virtual SAN's to a
FreeBSD ZFS storage system which will run.... well how many JBOD's can
you fit on the system?? Probably round ~100TB or so.....

Regards,

Kaya

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Oscar Hodgson <oscar.hodgson@gmail.com> wr=
ote: