Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:35:21 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        andreas@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pgcc port

In message <199609241030.DAA19141@silvia.HIP.Berkeley.EDU> Satoshi
Asami writes:
: The pgcc port fails trying to link libgnumalloc.

Which reminds me....  The last gcc snapshot I tried to build also uses
libgnumalloc.  Might want to send a patch off to FSF, if it isn't
already part of a larger patch.

The file you want to fix is config/i386/x-freebsd.  Remove the
-lgnumalloc line from it.  That line was added by me in the FSF
sources around the 1.1R timeframe because it produced much better
results than the malloc of libc at the time.  This is no longer the
case....

Warner