Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 2020 12:58:38 +0000
From:      MR <mr@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upgrade of PHP dependent ports

This message is in MIME format.

--=_jNvvFAPy6N6qMg4sc91yHPk

Hi,
once I installed nextcloud when PHP 7.2 was the default.
Now as PHP 7.4 is the default pkg upgrade would pull in php74 packages
but not for nextcloud* packages.
Similar situation is for python or postgres.

I had postgres10-[client|server] installed and pkg upgrade tried
to install postgres12-cliend which of course failed.

Is there a official way to avoid this?

How do others update if the default versions of the underlaying ports changes?

Thanks in advance.

greetings
---
mike mr@freebsd.org

--
greetings
---

--=_jNvvFAPy6N6qMg4sc91yHPk

once I installed nextcloud when PHP 7.2 was the default.
Now as PHP 7.4 is the default pkg upgrade would pull in php74 packages
but not for nextcloud* packages.
Similar situation is for python or postgres.

I had postgres10-[client|server] installed and pkg upgrade tried
to install postgres12-cliend which of course failed.

Is there a official way to avoid this?

How do others update if the default versions of the underlaying ports changes?

Thanks in advance.

CU
---
Michael (mr@)