Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 2020 21:59:15 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: git tools for building in base?

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 2:19 PM tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net> wrote:

> As subject - what will there be in base to interact with the new git repo?
> I mean, right now, for svn there is svnlite. What for git?

'pkg add git' is your choice now.

> Shouldn't it be in base before the move to git?

We will have got (from OpenBSD: Game Of Trees) in the future. It isn't
quite there yet, however, so it's not in base. When we migrated from CVS to
Subversion, we didn't grow svnlite in the base for many months after the
conversion. We hope to have it finished in time for 13.0.

Warner