Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 10:49:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade <paulo@netpar.com.br>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [game] Any Care to Lend A Hand for GLQuake?

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> http://threewave.planetquake.com/linux/glquake.html
>
> The Glide 2.4 rasterization library for Linux has been released by 3Dfx for users of the Voodoo
> chipset. The library can be obtained from 3Dfx. Things are really starting to fall into place quite
> nicely now. I'm not sure what lies in our future... a miniport of GLQuake or a full blown (read slow)
> port of OpenGL Quake. I'll let ya all know as soon as I hear anything.

    Hi, 2 weeks ago, I got a Monster3d card, after becoming "tired" of
playing GLQuake(Win95) and Tomb Raider(DOS), I have downloaded the 3dfx
linux glide from www.3dfx.com, and tried to use the demos in FreeBSD, but
got a error message like (my computer is at home, and I can't reproduce it
now):
Linux-emulator(xxx): iopl not implemented.

    I have also needed to disable XFree loading the xie e pex modules,
to avoid X crashing (maybe because I have a S3 card, and the 3dfx has
problems with some S3 cards).

    I would like to help, but can't do too much (don't even speak english
very well). At least I have a 3dfx card and I think I am a medium C/C++
programmer.

    I am lost, but I think the first thing to do is implement that iopl
in the Linux emulator or ask 3dfx Interactive for a FreeBSD Glide.

--
Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade	-  mailto:paulo@netpar.com.br
FreeBSD				-  http://www.freebsd.org