Date:      Wed, 09 Apr 1997 17:55:57 +0200
From:      Tommy Hallgren <md6tommy@mdstud.chalmers.se>
To:        "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
Cc:        Tommy Hallgren <md6tommy@mdstud.chalmers.se>, Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LaTeX

Jay D. Nelson wrote:

> Get rid of the link in /usr/local/bin and add the teTeX path to $PATH.
> (/usr/local/teTeX/bin on my machine.) Make sure there are no links to
> anything having to do with TeX in /usr/local/bin.

Jay, there is no tex binary at all. And there is no tetex/bin-directory
neither. For me to get a tex-binary, I have to install the tex-package =
duplicate installation of some the binaries.

As far as I can tell, there must be something wrong with the
tetex-package, it's just not complete. :-( But before I say too much, is
it the binary called "tex" I need, or is virtex or initex something I
should use instead? I have those two files at least.

Mvh: Tommy - I'm not a TeX-guru.