Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:00:21 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
To:        Arnaud Houdelette <freebsd@tzim.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PKGNG upgrade / reinstall overides directory permissions

--lt3WynA+XK9Fj6D4

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 11:10:19AM +0200, Arnaud Houdelette wrote:
> Hello.
>=20
> I'm currently testing pkgng and poudriere as a replacement for old pkg=20
> and pkg_jail.
>=20
> When upgrading/reinstalling a port, pkg install / pkg upgrade resets the=
=20
> permissions of the directories created by the ports which already exist.
>=20
> Old pkg_add did not have this behavior.
>=20
> For example,
> - install lighttpd
> - chmod 750 /var/log/lighttpd
> - pkg install -f lighttpd
>=20
> =3D> /var/log/lighttpd mode is reset to 700.
>=20
> Is this behavior correct ? Is there some option to avoid this ?
>=20
> Arnaud

This is expected and there is no way to avoid this but fixing the ports its=
elf
so that it create a 750 package.

The package should be consistent and the permission should be set at the
package creation
time.

Of course my view here might be wrong and I'm all open for aguments against=
 that
:D

regards,
Bapt