Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2006 00:54:22 -0800
From:      "Eric Andrews" <eric.m.andrews@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   booting from second drive/"operating system not found"

Hey,

I've got a six drive RAID 10 array on the first SCSI channel that
shows up as da0, and a single SCSI drive on the second SCSI channel
that shows up as da1. I can run the regular installer on da1 just fine
- everything copies over, disklabels are made, MBR is written, yadda
yadda. but no matter what I do I continually get "operating system not
found" when I try to boot the installation. this happens with
dragonfly too, I dont get it. I understand the boot strap process
well, I just dont understand why after even installing a proper MBR on
da0, I can't boot into freebsd.

help?

tia,
eric