Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:49:14 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Mikhail Aronov <aronov@ripn.net>
To:        <FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ports/46164: Incorrect work of pkg_add

>Number:         46164
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       incorrect work of pkg_add
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD test.dpt.ru 4.5-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE #0: Wed Oct 16
13:12:36 MSD 2002 root@test.dpt.ru:/usr/src/sys/compile/TEST i386

        This operation -
pkg_add -v smtpd-2.0.tgz
        caused the following -
extract: CWD to /var/smtpd
extract: execute 'mkdir mqueue'
extract: execute 'chown uucp:uucp mqueue'
extract: execute 'chmod 0700 mqueue'
extract: execute 'mkdir etc'
mkdir: etc: File exists
pkg_add: command 'mkdir etc' failed

        Actually, directory /var/smtpd/mqueue was not created,
directory /var/smtpd/etc exists, but it was NOT exists before!
It seems to me, CWD worked very strange way...

As a result, "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/smtpd.sh start" gives -
Chdir failed!: No such file or directory
Can't change directory to spooldir /var/smtpd/mqueue

I tryed "make install" from /usr/ports/mail/smtpd and everything
was quite OK.

How-To-Repeat:
        Check if /var/smtpd not exists and try
pkg_add -v smtpd-2.0.tgz