Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:46:49 -0600
From:      Oscar Bonilla <obonilla@fisicc-ufm.edu>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Solicitud de Ayuda

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 12:31:23PM -0400, Steve Hovey wrote:
> This email is sent as a proposition to obtain help about the proper use of
> PS3 and PS4 in the prompt as in, for example the PS2 that you see when I
> use the instruction for the PS1 prompt like this:
>
> $for
> >xx

I think what he's asking is:

I know PS1 is my shell prompt and PS2 is the "other prompt" but i've seen
PS3 and PS4 mentioned somewhere in the documentation and don't know when
would I see those being used...

That's my guess... as for the answer... well, i've never messed with
anything but PS1 and mostly use tcsh, so set prompt= stuff is what i use.

regards,

-oscar