Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:55:49 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Mark Ovens <mark@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Chip <chip@wiegand.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount drives and fstab

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 11:25:01PM +0100, Mark Ovens wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 08:04:23PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> >
> > There is *no* 'auto' option, as far as I can tell from fstab(5) manpage.
> > Try creating different mount points.  For instance I use:
>
> The fstab(5) manpage does say to see the ``-o'' option in the mount(8)
> manpage for option details and that lists ``noauto'' which implies
> that auto is the default although it doesn't (can't?) be used
> explicitly (it actually says that ``noauto'' causes ``mount -a'' to
> skip that entry). Sysinstall adds it for floppies and CD-ROM:
>
> /dev/cd0c         /cdrom     cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

Uhm, my silliness.  I overlooked noauto in my search, and both auto and
noauto are acceptable as options (tried it a few minutes ago).

Don't know what I had been drinking.  Perhaps I meant that an `auto'
option, that auto-detects filesystem type does not exist.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr>
See the headers of this message for my public key fingeprint.