Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 00:08:07 +0200 (CEST)
From:      eduard.epi@t-online.de (Peter Bornemann)
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:    Re: How to connect to T-online

 Re: How to connect to T-online

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Martin Husemann wrote:

> You did not tell us what version you are using...
>
> > But when starting spppcontrol I get a: SIOCIFGENERIC(SPPPIOSDEFS):
> > Device busy. "spppcontrol isp0" then says only isp0: phase-establish
> > and so on.
>
> There is no spppcontrol in the current version of I4B, so if you just happened
> to update from something earlier, you'll be using the wrong (old) spppcontrol
> instead of the new ispppcontrol. This would just not work (TM).

Thanks a lot for Your reply. I used 4.1-RELEASE and i4b exactly as it
came with it. Now I downloaded i4b-0.95 and installed everything with
overuninstall.sh and overinstall.sh. It seems however I am deeper in the
sh.. than ever. Ispppcontrol as always tells about phase: establish,
but isdnd exits with the error ERR_init_controller : no controller found! The
kernel-modules seem to be all present. My controller is a AVM A1-PCI,
which works fine with Linux and Windows. Ifconfig shows 4 isp-devices
and is setting them up, as is required. Isdndebug -c gives a kernel panic
with a "page not present".

/var/log/messages has nothing useful, and the isdn-log is still empty.

Maybe some device or so did not get updated? isdnd is new and so are
the other tools but some may be still the old ones, only freshly
compiled.. I have changed the setup between ifconfig, ispppcontrol and
isdnd several times (setup, etups, tupse, upset), nothing helps.

Thanks for any help!

Peter B

"The user's computer downloads the ActiveX code and simulates a 'Blue
Screen' crash, a generally benign event most users are familiar with
and that would not necessarily arouse suspicions."
- -- Security exploit description on http://www.zks.net/p3/how.asp