Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 1995 20:06:51 +0200
From:      "\"\"Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>\"\"" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIGUSR 10 & 11 on kernel from src-cur.0965

David (cc current)

FYI
Re.
> >My 24x80 style tty login is still getting SIGUSR 10 & 11 on a kernel from
> >the 69K src-cur.0965.gz (latest i've got)
>
>    This is another reminder to people: There were changes that were made to
> -current in the area of the VOP/VFS layering. This REQUIRES that all of your
> LKMs be rebuilt or else you WILL have sig 10/11/?? and panics caused by this.
> Also, the sources for SUP/CTM weren't automatically updated until just very
> recently - the cron entry was missing after freefall's upgrade. PLEASE re-SUP
> and/or whatever CTM people do and make sure that your source tree is up to
> date.

I've never used lkm's, (never reduced my config, just ignored 'em till now),
I'm typing this into a vi called from reply from wish, from exmh from X11R6,
from xinit, & before booting I did mv /lkm /lkm.mv
The system is running fine, with an old kernel, but all commands lib etc
	based on this CTM:  	69897 Sep  9 12:03 src-cur.0965.gz
(The latest I have as at  Sun Sep 10 20:03:58 MSZ 1995

However if I try to login using a current kernel (src-cur.0965 CTM) I get:
Sep 10 19:20:03 vector /kernel.nu: pid 155: login: uid 0: exited on signal 10
Sep 10 19:20:15 vector /kernel.nu: pid 159: login: uid 0: exited on signal 11
Sep 10 19:20:33 vector /kernel.nu: pid 169: login: uid 0: exited on signal 10

This suggests to me the SIGBUS & SIGSEGV I see are not coming from an
inconsistent between lkm's, & kernel, but from something inside the kernel.

BTW I'm also seeing xdm failures, but that may be unassociated (as were my
exmh form failures I mentioned (solution posted to ports).

Hope this info may help you

Julian S	jhs@freebsd.org