Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:10:11 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VBox guest additions

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Warren Block wrote:
>
>> What is the current procedure for installing guest additions on
>> non-FreeBSD guests?  With a FreeBSD host and XP guest, the guest exits
>> instantly when Devices/Install Guest Additions/Yes is chosen.  But the
>> downloadable guest additions from virtualbox.org aren't ISO format any more.
>>
>> This is VirtualBox 4.1.22 on amd64.
>

> Manually downloading the guest additions ISO and mounting it worked. Odd,
> though.

Best way is to enable "Guest Additions" option in emulators/virtualbox-ose which
downloads the ISO and installs it on your host. Then you should be able to
use that menu option. If it crashes the guest then I'd like to have the VBox.log
which should give a hint why and where it crashed.

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/