Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 17:09:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      Malte Lance <malte.lance@gmx.net>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        gatto@widesoft.com.br, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JIT on FreeBSD

On  3 Nov, Nate Williams wrote:

>> > There isn't one for unix.
>>
>> c't 21, 12.10. - 25.10.98, p. 63 (bottom right):
>> "JIT-Sources available
>>  MetroWerks has published the source-code of their
>>  CodeWarrior Just in Time Compiler (JIT) for Linux/PowerPC
>
> This is for the PPC, not for x86. :(

Sure, but as the article tells (from the license-agreement), porting IS
allowed to platforms such as Linux/Intel and others AND better: there is
already some effort for the Linux/Intel port by the
blackdown-developers. Then a port from Linux/Intel to FreeBSD/Intel
should be possible.

Malte.

--
Malte Lance.