Date:      Wed, 5 May 2010 15:22:52 +0200
From:      Johan Allgoth <johan@ioio.se>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cant power off Aopen EZ65

Hi

i am trying to install FreeNas on some not young (2005) hardware, an =
Aopen EZ65. However when i try and shut it down with 'shutdown -p now' =
it yields different results. Sometimes it shuts down, sometimes claims =
to shutdown but reboots, sometimes claims to reboot and reboots.

I have tried under both FreeNas (BSD 7.2) and FreeBSD 8.0, with =
different bios settings and all non-essential hardware unplugged. The =
only option seems to be default bios settings, then it *usually* works. =
But, with much needed Wake On Lan enabled I cant turn my puter off :-(

My goal is a FreeNas that i can turn on and off from remote.

I followed a workaround for some Intel mobo, disabling USB. It works =
first run, then stops working, much like when i enable WOL, first run =
works, the following not.

Wake On Lan and power down works under Ubuntu 9.10. I'd be happy for any =
pointers, and would of course assist in debugging if it is within my =
realms of knowledge.

ACL here: =
http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/aopen.ez65.asl

Other outputs can be found here: =
http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/

'sysctl hw.acpi'

hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: NONE
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 1
hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
hw.acpi.verbose: 0
hw.acpi.disable_on_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.handle_reboot: 0
hw.acpi.reset_video: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.min_runtime: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.polling_rate: 10
hw.acpi.thermal.user_override: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature: 0.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.active: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.passive_cooling: 1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.thermal_flags: 0
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._PSV: 80.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._HOT: -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._CRT: 100.0C
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._ACx: 80.0C -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC1: 4
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TC2: 3
hw.acpi.thermal.tz0._TSP: 60
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1

dmesg after changing to Wake On Lan, first run. Starting with WOL works, =
shutdown works:
=
http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/freenas.acpi-on.WOL-on.f=
irst-run.txt

dmesg, second run, no changes. WOL works, shutdown not:
=
http://devio.us/~krg/aopen-ez65_freebsd_acpi-logs/freenas.acpi-on.WOL-on.s=
econd-run.txt

Best regards,