Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 09:47:13 -0700
From:      Greg Martin <gregm@netidea.com>

Reply to:Greg Martin<gregm@netidea.com>
Subject: rm /var :/var busy?

I've just installed 2.2.8 and am trying to move /var
to /usr/var. Each time I get to the point of rm -rf /var
(from /) but I'm told /var is busy. I've tried as a
single user and I've tried killing everything in sight
(I didn't use any options so a few processes resisted)
but to no avail. I remember when I installed 2.2.6 I had
to sneak up behind /var but was able to succeed. Any
suggestions, hints, etc.?

tif and regards,
Greg Martin