Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 02:33:34 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   DELAY()

Does anyone have an alternate implementation idea for DELAY so that it
is cpu/bus independant?  I just tracked down the problem with the
aic7870 based cards, and it turned out that what should have been a
milisecond delay was so short on this P-90 system that I repolled
the controller's interrupt register before it had enough time to clear
from the last interrupt!  The other interresting thing is that the on-
board aic7870 on this motherboard never had problems with the driver.
The chips were made in separate plants, but have the same revision number,
but I guess it could be a buggy chip that is accentuating this problem.
__
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1
  Cory | Po | Danube | Volga | Parker | Torus