Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 23:02:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mohammed Kamal Elzubeir <elzubeir@unt.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-I18N@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   unicode,linux,porting!

Hello,

I'm trying to port Akka (which is an Arabizing tool for the console on
Linux).. I've been having a hard time getting the differences between the
way FreeBSD and Linux handle the keyboard and console.

In Akka (http://www.aunyx.og/ - available latest version) it gets and sets
full Unicode screen mapping using: PIO_UNISCRNMAP and GIO_UNISCRNMAP
(linux/kd.h).. Also, I don't know what the equivalent (or the FreeBSD
implementation) of the Linux consolefontdesc.. is it the fnt8_t, fnt14_t,
etc.. or am I looking at the wrong code?

I've spend most of today looking at consio.h on freebsd and linux/vt.h and
linux/kd.h on Linux and my eyes hurt. PLEASE HELP!

Mohammed Elzubeir

General Access Labs (x2825)
http://www.cas.unt.edu/gal/
College of Arts & Sciences