Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 14:07:55 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Python conflicting with other python when installed from packages

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

Hi,

With pkgng build on pointyhat I discovered that all the python packages when
built on pointyhat, tinderbox or even poudriere all conflicts which each other
meaning you can't install multiple python version in parallel without
overwritting files with old package system and pkgng just forbid you to install
the second package to avoid overwritting the file.

The thing is that they are conflicting only for the bin/2to3 file. It would be
nice if this file could be for example prefixed with the release of python like:

bin/py27-2to3 or something like that. I'm aware that when just installing from
ports only the first version of python installed got it, but if you are thinking
in package only world it can't works that way.

regards,
Bapt

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24

--u3/rZRmxL6MmkK24--