Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 2015 23:45:46 +0100
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        "Frank de Bot (lists)" <lists@searchy.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Poudriere, build older version of port

On 30 November 2015 at 21:48, Frank de Bot (lists) <lists@searchy.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some issue with a certain port version update. If I downgrade
> this port everything works well.
>
> I use poudriere to build my own packages with own options. Is it
> possible with poudriere to stick to a certain revision of a port?
>

> Regards,
>
> Frank de Bot

Yes, you just maintain a ports tree with your custom version of the port.
Depending on how you are updating your ports tree for the poudriere builds,
you may need to make sure it is not overwriting your local changes. You
might be better copying the port to a new port in your local tree, so any
changes to the actual one don't over-write your local changes.

However, I am not sure this is the best idea. If there is a problem with
the port, you should probably either raise a bug report or get in contact
with the port maintainer (you can see who maintains the port using
freshports.org or by looking in the Makefile. If you keep a custom port and
it stops working in the future, you will be on your own. If you report the
problem and get it fixed for everyone, you can enjoy the new port updates
and fixes as they become available in the future.

Regards,
Ben