Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2012 02:17:27 -0400
From:      Martin Gignac <martin.gignac@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Any point to building separate 8.2 and 8.3 packages?

Hi,

I currently have some 8.2 and 8.3 servers which I cannot upgrade to
9.0 yet. I am looking at building packages with Poudriere and pkgng
for these 8.2/8.3 servers.

My question is this: do I need to create separate 8.2 and 8.3 jails on
Poudriere and build discreet packages for each of these minor
releases, or will packages built for a given 8.X release run on any
8.Y release? In other words, are there any compilation/repackaging
requirements of ports/packages when one upgrades from one minor
version number to the next?

Thanks,
-Martin