Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 12:00:05 +0200 (METDST)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this?

>From the keyboard of Gary Jennejohn:

> >> I see exactly the same thing with a Teles 16.3 card when I boot and _before_
> >> isdnd starts. Once the daemon is running the messages disappear.
> >
> >Hmm - Gary, i remember we found out that you have got a constant-active
> >("daueraktiv" in german, don't know the english word) S0 bus, perhaps
> >this is the cause ?!
>
> I have the same suspicion. Have to run isdntrace to confirm that the
> message is the result of a "keep alive" from the NT.

Eric just sent in a trace, and it seems that either as soon as his exchange
detects state changes in L1 or perhaps constantly sends TEI check request
messages with a group TEI, which causes all devices with an assigned TEI
to answer. This TEI check request message is then sent every second.

These TEI check request messages seem to be the cause of the RME ...
messages, because the i4b stack is not ready to handle those messages
at boot time yet.

As soon as i4b requests a TEI (when the first connection is made), one is
granted and from then on the TEI check request messages are properly answered.

The only questions arising from this are:

	- should the ISAC irqs be enabled later when the whole machine is
	  up, and how can the state "the machine is up and ready to serve
	  irq's" be detected by a driver for all *BSD's ?

	- although Q.921 doesn't require this, shall a TEI request procedure
	  be initiated on arrival of a TEI check request with a group TEI
	  and no local TEI assigned yet ?

Comments ?

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77