Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:42:03 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 driver release 0.3

> Hi,
>
> >I contacted the Brooktree people today, and I'm hoping that I'll get
> >some docs on the Bt848, as well as their hardware eval board which
> >looks to have the same sort of tuner assembly on it.  They have some
> >sample software for their hardware eval kit, and I'm hoping source
> >code which might include how to talk to the tuner over the I^2C bus.
>
> what does that eval board cost?

I don't know; the web page didn't have very much detailed information
on it.  It did look *very* similar in shape to the Wincast/TV board
I just picked up.

> exactly what "tuner" does the WinCast/TV have on it?  the STB TVPCI
> has a part made by Temic:
>
>  Frontend 4032 FY5
>  Temic 3X7 004
>  9604

I dunno.  There's a big sticker over the tuner, and I haven't attacked
it yet.  Now that the hardware seems to work, who knows?  Perhaps next
time I have the cover of the computer open, I'll take a peek.

louie