Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 16:33:17 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        "John M. Purser" <jpurser@wilcofarmers.com>, "Newbies (E-mail)" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Confusion and Progress

On Sat, 28 March 1998 at  6:29:25 -0800, John M. Purser wrote:
> Okay folks,
>
> Apparently there's something else that doesn't work the way I expect about
> FreeBSD.  I'm not particularly complaining, just trying to feel my way around
> here.
>
> So "Newbies" is not where newbies are supposed to go in order to learn enough
> to not be newbies any more.
>
> Okay.
>
> We're supposed to chat about our experiences.
>
> Okay.
>
> Does anyone know how I'm supposed to get experiences to chat about if I don't
> know enough to get any use out of my FreeBSD system?
>
> I have managed to make a PPP connection to my ISP.  I can't do anything with it
> but I connected.

Thanks.  You make my point exactly.  This is exactly the question that
I mentioned in my (far too long) message yesterday about why you
should send this message to -questions.  It's a FAQ, it gets answered
twice a week on -questions--in fact, I just answered one of them there
about 10 minutes ago.  Why should we repeat the questions on -newbies?

Greg