Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:01:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@FreeBSD.ORG, justin@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF transition for ports (Re: rayshade port)

 * But w/o a converted ELF system somewhere to use to cloan in /30ELF
 * (chroot env), isn't it easiest to convert Bento totally?  Before
 * converting, make a /30AOUT of / so we can always use a pure a.out system.

We'll need to run several make worlds inside the chrooted area along
the way as the release approaches.  Since elf upgrade is done by "make
world" type operations anyway, it's not going to be any easier.

Of course, we probably should change the system outside the chrooted
area eventually, of course.  But that's similar to the decision on
when you upgrade your fileserver OS, and has nothing to do with
package building.

Satoshi