Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 2017 09:32:54 -0500
From:      Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Configuring Drupal8 fails

On Nov 4, 2017 7:46 AM, "Carmel NY" <carmel_ny@outlook.com> wrote:

I am looking for someone with experience with Drupal8. I am not able to get
this application up and running. I have read the documentation that came
with
the program and even purchased the "Beginning Drupal8" by Todd Tomlnson.
Alas,
without success. The setup script freezes immediately after entering the
database info. The tables are entered into the MySQL database, but that is
it.
I am also continually receiving a "time" error that I cannot understand or
correct.

FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p3 (amd64)
PHP 5.6.32 (cli)
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.38

This is the error message:

    Warning: DateTime::createFromFormat(): It is not safe to rely on the
system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone
setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any
of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now,
but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.

Set date.timezone in your PHP.ini file (/usr/local/etc/php.ini, if I recall
correctly).

https://secure.php.net/manual/en/datetime.configuration.php#ini.date.timezone