Date:      24 Jan 2003 16:21:38 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <anholt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        "L. S. Colby" <lscolby@gwirynybyd.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: XFree86-4-libraries-4.2.1 - fail to build

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 14:15, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 10:26:38AM -0800, L. S. Colby wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have attached the results of a failed portupgrade on libraries.
> >
> > Freebsd-4.7-stable
> > X up to date via cvsup for ports
> > lesstif - the problem template - up to date with port a per portversion
>
> This is a FAQ..you have a stale copy of imake lying around somewhere.
>
> Kris

Actually, I was looking at this, and lesstif overwrites
${X11BASE}/lib/X11/config/host.def, which is used as a template (minus
ProjectRoot define) for the XFree86-4 miniports' build.  In lesstif's
host.def is an include for the LessTif.* files that that error
complained about.  The XFree86-4 split builds don't include the system
config dir, so it can't find those files.

I would guess that the lesstif host.def is important for lesstif so
imake+lesstif-using programs can get the right defines.  I'm not sure
the utility of system host.def being used for the miniport build, so I
may just remove it.  (If people need site-specific defines, they could
put it in xf86site.def).

Any thoughts/comments on this?

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu