Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 1995 10:04:05 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu, peter@osix.com.au, taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do we *really* need logger(1)?

    >> Actually, I have a number of times contemplated writing a
    >> syslog-replacement that would have a better configuration file
    >> and allow for automatic log rotation.

    Poul-Henning> I planned on doing it in tcl, then you could also
    Poul-Henning> take action when something happened...

Do you mean have ordinary users send tcl scripts to syslog to be
evaluated/executed?

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach...  It
pisses me off!  I'll go over to a little baby and say, "What are you
doing here?  You haven't worked a day in your life!" -- Steven Wright