Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 23:28:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
Cc:        binhdo@cs.ubc.ca, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Where to get fvwm version 2? Thank you.

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996, Sean Kelly wrote:

> You can ftp it from
>
>    ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/fvwm-2.0.40.tgz

Hey Sean, can we get a summary of what's updated?  Or changed?  I think a
lot of us are running fvwm ....

> Extract with
>
>    tar xzvf fvwm-2.0.40.tgz
>    cd fvwm
>
> Edit configure.h.  Change the lines FVWMDIR as shown below:
>
>    #ifdef RENAME_FVWM2
>    #define FVWM fvwm2
>    #define FVWMRC ".fvwm2rc"
> >  #define FVWMDIR "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2"
>    /* #define FVWMDIR "/usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm2" */
>    #else
>    #define FVWM fvwm
>    #define FVWMRC ".fvwmrc"
> >  #define FVWMDIR "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fvwm"
>    #endif /* RENAME_FVWM2 */
>
> Edit other lines as you see fit.  Then
>
>    xmkmf
>    make Makefiles
>    make
>    make install
>    make install.man
>
> That's it!
>
> I don't think we should make a port/package out of this until 2.0
> stablizes ... maybe to 2.1!
>
> --
> Sean Kelly
> NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA
>
> Whenever I need to ``get away,'' I just get away in my mind.  I go to my
> imaginary spot, where the beach is perfect and the water is perfect and the
> weather is perfect.  The only bad thing there are the flies.  They're terrible!
> 	-- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;