Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:49:45 -0400
From:      beno <zope@2012.vi>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>,  freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What Do These Devices Do?

Max Laier wrote:
>> vr0
>> plip0
>> lo0
>>

> You seem a little lost.  I suggest that you read a book to cover some
> basics before diving in with a tutorial you obviously do not understand.

Well, I appreciate your advice. But I *do* understand *most* of it. I'm
just asking about what I *don't* understand. You guys that have the
glorious advantage of having learned from professionals either as a
student or as a co-worker have no concept of how difficult this is to
learn by one's self. Indeed, I've spent all_day_yesterday_and_today
studying this material. And I've read and re-read quite literally dozens
of thick books on programming over the years.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/index.html
> IPFilters? This list is about "packet filter (pf)"

I still get confused as to the difference, sorry. I mean PF.
beno