Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:31:31 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Web based mp3 player?

On a side note, <imp@bsdimp.com> ......
I misread that as imp@bsdPimp.com ...

On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 02:23:44AM -0700, Warner Losh scribbled:
| I have a large collection of MP3's sitting on a large disk.  I'd love
| to be able to have them in a juke box of some sort.
|
| I have a laptop that is able to play them mounted over NFS right now
| fairly well.  This works well for me, but my wife has troubles with
| the ssh mpg123 XXX/YYY/01-foo.mp3 interface :-).  I don't suppose
| there's a nice web interface for something like this.  Something she
| could say "play this CD in repeat for ever mode".  She doesn't have X
| windows (her machine is a win98 box), so I can't just pop up xmms onto
| her screen.
|
| Besides, I'd like to have some control of the music and get songs I
| like into the queue.

You can setup a MP3 streaming server (a few in the ports), she
can then use WinAMP to play the music.  But she can't manage the queue.

Or you can teach her how to use ports/audio/mp3blaster ...

It's pretty hard to tunnel mp3 over HTTP. (No, let's not overload
HTTP with everything in W. Stevens' TCP/IP vol. III.)